Rescheduled to May 11, 2015
Science Rocks is a conference designed to introduce 5th and 6th grade students to a variety of science and natural elements through presentations and hands-on learning.
The halls of the Wick Science Building on the campus of St. Cloud State University are filled with 5th and 6th grade future naturalists, mathematicians, geologists and computer programmers as over 530 students and educators participate in the annual Science Rocks! Conference (SR!).
Check out all the photos from the 2014 event!
Click here for the 2015 Brochure PDF.
Save the Date: October 12, 2015
The ProjectEARTH Conference is targeted for students in grades 7-8. In addition to a dazzling keynote address, students are able to attend 3 different sessions all science and nature related. These sessions will be taught by experts in the field. This conference is designed to encourage students to experience, appreciate, and become stewards of the natural environment through presentation and hands-on learning. The five key components are:
Check out photos from 2014
- Knowledge: To gain a variety of experiences in and acquire a basic understanding of the environment.
- Awareness: To gain awareness and sensitivity to natural processes and issues concerning sustainability, preservation and conservation of the environment.
- Attitude: To acquire values and concerns for the environment and motivation for actively participate in environmental improvement and protection.
- Skills: To learn about the environment through hands-on participation
- Participation: To work towards solving and improving the environment both individually and as a community member.