Statewide Insurance Consultant
Serving Seven Participating Minnesota Service Cooperatives
POSITION LOCATION: Fiscal Host is SC Service Cooperative, Mankato, MN. Serves the
Minnesota Service Cooperatives’ Insurance Coalition; Includes SE, SC, SW/WC, Lakes Country, Resource, NE, and NW Service Cooperatives.
SUMMARY: (Brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position.)
The Statewide Insurance Consultant is responsible for the coordination of the Minnesota Service Cooperatives’ Insurance Coalition Health Pools. The Consultant shall agree to a non-compete clause following termination of this contract. In addition, the Consultant shall devote full faith and effort to this agreement. Due to this exclusivity; any additional work outside of this agreement shall occur only with approval from the Executive Directors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Typical tasks but not all inclusive – major duties of the position.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: (Minimum competencies for job performance.)
- Advises Executive Directors on overall direction of Risk Management Services;
- Coordinates work of the regional consultants and facilitates statewide meetings;
- Plans, develops, implements, and administers programs and services to meet identified needs, including development and implementation of new programs and services;
- Provides leadership to members in the area of risk management;
- Directs preparation (with legal assistance) of RFPs for insurance pool programs as directed or required by policy or law;
- Conducts meetings and participates in local, regional, and state meetings as necessary;
- Obtains legal guidance when needed and makes recommendations to ensure legal compliance;
- Leads the facilitation of actuarial analysis and other related efforts as necessary;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: (Minimum level of education and experience required.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance regulations and all applicable laws;
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance pool products, services, and programs;
- Comprehensive knowledge of leadership and management principles;
- Ability to lead groups, gain consensus, and foster relationships;
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and function under very stressful situations;
- Ability to handle all assignments and problems except those requiring policy or procedural change;
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines, policies, and procedures consistently;
- Ability to research, analyze, plan, execute, and evaluate new programs and services;
- Ability to do creative thinking in meeting needs of members;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to write reports and correspondence;
- Ability to use modern office equipment, technology, and related software.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND REGISTRATIONS: (Minimum required to perform the job.)
- Relevant Degree and extensive experience in job-related field OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in job-related field that enables performance of all aspects of this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: (Physical/sensory requirements and environmental conditions.)
- Heath/Life License;
- Property/Casualty License preferred;
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Business travel is required;
- Work may require long hours including early morning, evening, and weekend activities;
- This is sedentary to light work requiring the exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects; work requires stooping, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information through normal spoken word; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, inspections involving small defects and/or small parts, operation of machines, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions and may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens.
Commensurate with education, experience, and qualifications.
Complete online application at http://www.lcsc.org/Domain/35
and include cover letter, application form, copy of insurance licenses and driver’s license, college transcripts, resume, and two letters of reference.
QUESTIONS ABOUT POSITION
: Contact Jeremy Kovash, Executive Director @ email@example.com
DUE DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
: December 31, 2014; however, position will remain open until filled.
WHAT ARE THE MINNESOTA SERVICE COOPERATIVES?:
The Minnesota Service Cooperatives are regional service agencies committed to advancing the work of our members (schools, cities, counties, and other governmental agencies). Authorized by MN Statute as a regional resource for our members; we are public agencies that provide programs and services to our members.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
It is the policy of the Minnesota Service Cooperatives to provide equal employment opportunity for all, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, or familial status. EOE